Important Notice: Please be aware that in order to bookmark the new Live@UCL email login page, you will need to manually edit the bookmark in your browser settings. Instructions for IE and Firefox versions can be found below
live@UCL: What's Changed
- Minimal change to service
- Like-for-like hosted mail and calendar service.
- 25GB mailbox for each account
- Recipient limit increase: send emails to up to 10,000 people per day.
- No education co-branding in Office 365 (UCL logos will disappear)
- Two accounts: Microsoft Online ID (UCL administered) and a personal Windows live ID to access SkyDrive and Messenger (Microsoft administered).
For future announcements and updates about the Live@UCL email service, please keep an eye on the ISD-News page.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Please see the Service Desk support page for further information.
No. Continue to sign in at http://outlook.com/live.ucl.ac.uk using your current username and password.
You manage the password on the UCL account through the MyAccount page.
This Personal Microsoft account will be Microsoft administered. Changes you make to your password in MyAccount will not apply to these services. After the upgrade, contact Microsoft directly.
Both accounts will start with your current central UCL password, but will be different once either of them are changed.
Please contact Microsoft for further details on how to close your personal Microsoft account.
The email & calendar service will remain known as live@UCL.
Only the email and calendar service will be transitioned to Office 365. Other Office 365 options such as SharePoint Online and Office Web Apps are not currently available.
After the transition, you will actually have two accounts, with the same <userid>@live.ucl.ac.uk username. The only difference is how the password is managed:
- UCL account - to access your live@UCL email and calendar service, administered by UCL, (aka Institution account or Online identity). You manage the password on this account in the usual way, through the MyAccount page.
- Personal Microsoft account - allows access to other Microsoft services such as SkyDrive and Skype (Messenger) which are not supported by ISD. This account will be Microsoft administered. Changes you make to your password in MyAccount will not apply to these services.
- Both accounts will start with your current central UCL password.