- Why do I need a password anyway?
- How can I set a new password?
- Why do I have to change my password every four months?
- Why does the system refuse to accept my new password choice?
- How can I pick an acceptable password?
- Should I use it on different systems?
- Whoops! I've forgotten that great new password. What now?
|Sign up for the User Authentication Service (UAS) so that you can reset & obtain a new password without having to visit us in person|
All students enrolled at UCL are allocated a userid and password which gives access to a range of IT services including UCL email, Portico and Windows services.
You should treat your password as you would treat the PIN number for your bank card – keep it secret and don't share it with your friends!
Always use the web form to change your main UCL password.