Help & Support
Our Troubleshooting and FAQ pages have answers to common questions and problems and should be referred to first. Please also review our Notice Board which highlights new issues.
- 802.11b Disabled: On the 17th December 2012 legacy DSSS data rates were disabled to improve performance of the service. As a result 802.11b Wi-Fi clients will not able able to connect to eduroam or UCLGuest. This only effects clients with old hardware and can easily be rectified with an external Wi-Fi adapter.
- Returning Staff or Students: Returning from your summer holidays or away from UCL for a long period. We've written a check-list of common issues.
- Google Android 2.2: There is a known bug with 2.2 Android phones that may prevent automatic connection to eduroam » It
is expected that 2.3 (Gingerbread) will fix this issue. A temporary
workaround to this bug is to toggle wireless off and on again. It has
also been reported that Juice Defender will do this automatically (this
is useful if your manufacturer will not issue an OS update).
- Google Android Gingerbread 2.3.6: We are aware of an issue with Gingerbread 2.3.6 and Phase 2 Authentication. This will prevent successful authentication on the eduroam service. This appears to be a known issue as a patch is available for Samsung devices via Kies ». This is reported to fix the issue on the Samsung Galaxy Y. For users of none-Samsung devices, please refer to the manufacturer for an update.
- Microsoft Windows 7:
There is a known issue with Windows 7 and cached user credentials. The
behaviour of this issue is you'll be constantly prompted for your
credentials (i.e. UCL userid & password) when attempting to join
- Apple Mac OS X 10.x Keychain: There is a known issue with invalid items in the Keychain preventing successful authentication. To resolve; Open Finder and select Applications > Utilities (folder) > Keychain Access. This will display a list of items stored in the Keychain. Ensure the login keychain from the left-hand pane is highlighted and delete any reference to eduroam.
The following Support options are available:
- Email: email@example.com. We aim to reply to email queries within 2 working days.
- Support Clinics: eduroam drop in clinics are held at the ISD Service Desk located in the DMS Watson Science Library. No pre-arranged appointment is required but
please ensure you arrive at the start time of the session as they can