Installing a local printer on a Staff WTS PC
Your default printer has to be set as default before you log in to WTS.
1. On the Start Panel, go to Tools > Control Panel:
2. Then from Control Panel, click on Select Printer:
3. In the Add Local Printer wizard box, click on the Install Printer button:
4. Click Next on the Welcome screen:
5. Select the option which reads Local printer attached to this computer.
6. Click Next
7. Next to Use the following port option, select:
How do I know which cable my printer is using?
8. Click Next
9. Now select the manufacturer of your printer from the table on
the left hand side,
for example, HP.
10. Then on the right hand side, select the relevant driver for
|The following illustration is just an example:|
|How can I find out which driver I should be using for my printer?|
11. When you have selected the correct driver, click Next.
12. You will next be prompted to give your printer a name.
|By default the name of the printer driver will appear in this box. We recommend that you keep the name already placed in the box.|
13. If you want this printer to be your default printer,
select the Yes option.
14. You will then be asked if you want to print a test page. Select Yes and click Next.
After a moment, a test page should then be sent and printed. The installation is complete.
Page last modified on 19 mar 09 15:54