Upload a single file
You can quickly upload a file (e.g. Word document, Adobe .pdf etc) to your website.
NB We strongly advise to only upload PDFs as they allow everyone to see the information. Microsoft Word is not on everyone's device and not free like Adobe reader.
This is a 2-step process
- You upload the file to your website
- You make a link to the file.
Adding a file to the website (Step 1)
To add a file to the website:
- Ensure you are in the Contents screen
- Click on the drop-down menu next to new and choose Silva File
- Browse for the file on your computer
Select the file and click on Open
The file path is now visible to the left of the Browse button
IMPORTANT - in Optional field, under 'id', put in the title with the file extension, e.g.
conference-papers.doc or budget2013.xls
This is so that all browsers can recognise the file!
- Fill in the title (not required)
- Click on save in the bottom right-hand corner
- The file is now visible in the Contents screen
Adding a link to a file (Step 2)
To add a link to a file on a web page:
- Ensure you are in the page from where you want to make the link
- Select the text which will be the link to the file, including the extension
NB The text should include the file extension e.g. (pdf) or (xls)
- Expand the link tab if necessary
- Click on get link reference
- Tick the relevant file's check-box
- Save and publish the page
1NB If you need to upload a large number of files (e.g. 50 pdfs) for an Intranet, for example, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as we can do this for you.
Page last modified on 17 feb 14 12:29