Upload a single file
You can quickly upload a file (e.g. Word document, Adobe .pdf etc) to your website.
This is a 2-step process
- You upload the file to your website
- You make a link to the file.
Adding a file to the website (Step 1)
To add a file to the website:
- Ensure you are in the Contents screen
- Click on the drop-down menu next to new and choose Silva File
- Browse for the file on your computer
Select the file and click on Open
The file path is now visible to the left of the Browse button
IMPORTANT - in Optional field, under 'id', put in the title with the file extension, e.g.
conference-papers.doc or budget2013.xls
This is so that all browsers can recognise the file!
- Fill in the title (not required)
- Click on save in the bottom right-hand corner
- The file is now visible in the Contents screen
Adding a link to a file (Step 2)
To add a link to a file on a web page:
- Ensure you are in the page from where you want to make the link
- Select the text which will be the link to the file
- Expand the link tab if necessary
- Click on get link reference
- Tick the relevant file's check-box
- Save and publish the page
1NB If you need to upload a large number of files (e.g. 50 pdfs) for an Intranet, for example, please email email@example.com as we can do this for you.
Page last modified on 26 apr 13 12:10