Creating a new folder
It is good practice to create Silva folders rather than Silva documents.
This is, because you can add objects to a Folder e.g. a separate right-hand column, a different menu etc. which you can't do if you have only a Silva document.
- Navigate to the section of the site where you want to add the new folder
- Ensure you're viewing the contents of this section
- You should then see a drop-down list at the top of the page. Click on this, and select Silva Folder.
Give the folder an id and title - the id must have no spaces, and be in lower case
- By default, you will automatically be given an index page (Silva document) when you create a folder.
- If you don't want an index page, e.g. if you would like a folder for storing files or images, choose none before you click on Save.
- Click Save, or Save and Enter to start working inside this new folder.
Page last modified on 26 apr 13 11:49