Making a site live
Whilst you are building a site, the URL is likely to be:
When we make the site 'live', we will 'migrate' the site to a different instance and then do a rewrite resulting in the word 'silva' being removed from the URL for you, but you need to do the following:
- Do NOT publicise the URL until the site is live!
- Let us know the date you would like the site to be live by emailing email@example.com at least 5 working days in advance - we cannot make sites
live on Fridays or the week immediately before the Xmas or Easter break
as we may not have enough resources to help in case there is a problem
with the new site.
- We will check the site and may get back to you with suggestions for improvements to the site. These are often related to usability and accessibility.
- You will get a reply, stating that the request has been sent off and that you will receive an email when the site is 'live'.
- Check all the links on your site and ensure you are completely happy with the site before announcing it 'to the world'.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask if we can add the site to our Search Engine Funnelback so that it appears high in the search when looking for it on the UCL website.
Page last modified on 17 jul 13 10:17