Adding Google Analytics to Silva pages
If you'd like to use Google Analytics to track your Silva pages, you'll need to set up a new Google Analytics account:
Click on Create an account, and follow the instructions.
If you're using a Google account to use with this, please ensure it is not a personal account, but one that can be shared with others in your department i.e. a departmental / research group account.
You'll be provided with a tracking ID, like 'UA-1234-567-890'. Copy this.
- Go into the backend of Silva
- Click on the orange and black UCL Attributes object at the root of your website.
- Scroll to the bottom
- Enter this ID into the 'Google Analytics tracking code' field
Wait 48 hours before checking your Google Analytics report, as statistics may not be accurately displayed before this time.
- It's vital that you check your Analytics report after 48 hours, and not long afterwards, in case there's been a problem. This is because if something has gone wrong, you can't necessarily get your stats back later.
- If you have other UCL attributes objects in your website, you'll need to set their Google Analytics tracking codes to the same code, otherwise those sections won't track visits.