Includes: Add a tabbed box
This code source will display a series of tabs, containing information selected from specified pages.
- You can only have one tabbed box on each Silva document
- This code source will only work in the UCL Corporate Identity layout
- You should NOT put other external code sources inside a tab e.g. an accordion or columns!
- Create a folder with no index page and call it 'Tabs'.
- Hide the folder 'Tabs' from the left-hand navigation. This is done inside the Properties tab.
- Go into the 'Tabs' folder and create as many Silva documents as you want tabs.There is a limit to the width of the tabbed box.The width of each tab is determined by the Title you give it, so keep these short!
- Publish all the Silva documents inside the 'Tabs' folder.
- Go to the page where you want to display the tabs.
- Go to 'external source' and pull in the 'tabbed box'
When inserting the code source into the page itself, select the 'Tabs' folder when prompted. You can also choose whether to show the titles for each of these pages.
However, if you say 'yes' to display titles, the title will appear both on the tab and at the top of the page, so we recommend you say 'no'.
The tabs will display the documents in alpha-numerical order.
Update (24/5/2010) - 'Set Cookies'
There is now an additional option available for this external source. You'll see an extra field labelled 'Set Cookies' - if this is ticked, visitors' browsers will 'remember' the last tab visited on your page. If they navigate away, then come back, this tab will remain open.
If this field isn't checked, the browser will always display the first tab whenever it visits the page.
Page last modified on 07 may 13 16:58