Includes: Add an accordion
Accordions are particularly good for displaying small bits of information. For extensive information, it is not recommended to use accordions.
Other things to keep in mind are:
- Accordions are useful, for example, if people need to access information about different modules.
- Accordions are not useful if you are going to have many e.g. we don't recommend you use accordions for FAQs as the list is likely to grow over time.
- Depending on the browser used, it is not possible to print all sections of an accordion in one go. Therefore, if you're setting up a page that's likely to be printed, this code source is not recommended.
- Please don't use accordions within another code source, e.g. a tabbed box!
- Create a folder called 'Accordion' with no index page.
- Create as many Silva documents as you want tabs e.g. modules, fees, language, admission etc. and add the relevant information on each Silva document.
- Publish the Silva documents now.
If you don't, the accordion(s) won't show!
- On the page where you want the accordion to appear, click on add external source
- Choose Includes: add an accordion
- From Get reference, choose the folder accordion you created earlier
- Click on add external source
- Save and preview the page.
- Publish and view the page.
- Hide the accordion folder in Properties.
NB If you need more than 1 accordion on a page, name the first folder 'accordion01', the next one 'accordion02' etc. so you can refer to the correct one each time.