Building and editing your website
- Silva A - Z - if below you cannot find what you are looking for.
Questions asked most frequently
- Deleting a Silva Folder
- Deleting a Silva document
- I can't edit > make sure you are NOT using Internet Explorer!
- I need information about Silva training > please email email@example.com
- I want my site to go live, what do I do?
- If you have been trained, ask your Chief Editor to give you access.
- If you don't know who your Chief Editor is, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need to be added as Chief Editor, email email@example.com
- Closing a web page (Silva document) (i.e. stop it being 'live')
- Creating a new web page (Silva document)
- Deleting a web page (Silva document) - you need to close all pages first!!
- Hiding a web page (Silva document) or Silva folder from the navigation
- Previewing a web page (Silva document)
- Publishing a web page (Silva document)
- Renaming a web page (Silva document) or Silva folder - you need to close all pages first!!
- Saving a web page (Silva document)
- Submitting a web page (Silva document) for approval
- Updating published content
- Creating a new Silva folder
- Deleting a Silva folder
- Reducing the length of a Silva folder title (see Navigation below)
- Adding links (e.g. to another page, an external site or an email address)
Note:To add a link to a Word doc, a pdf etc. see Uploading files into Silva
Files and Images
Adding an Anchor
Adding Media (video and audio)
It is important that you contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss when planning on making a video as not all types of video are suitable for Silva.
External Sources or Code Sources or Widgets
If you'd like to add further 'widgets' into your Silva
(e.g. carousel galleries, RSS feeds, social bookmarking buttons, etc.)
News and Events
WE PREFER YOU TO ASK US TO DO THIS AS IT IS COMPLEX and there are many different ways in which this can be done.
FAQs about News, SEO, Google Analytics and Events
More features related to:
- Adding or deleting a paragraph break
- Abbreviations/Acronyms, Citations
- Creating white space e.g. below an image
Left and Right columns - see under Template
- UCL Attributes
- Adding a column to the right of the main content
- Adding content into existing left and right columns
- Adding an additional footer
- Adding a basic horizontal menu
- Google Analytics
Permissions, Roles, Access
- Roles in Silva explained e.g. Chief Editor, Editor, etc.
- Roles and Permissions in Silva (part 1)
- Roles and Permissions in Silva (part 2)
- Restricting Public Access
- Groups Management (part 1)
- Groups Management (part 2)
- Groups Management (part 3)
- Password protection
Extra Features in Silva
- Adding a Sitemap
- Silva workflow for publishing documents
- Silva automatic table of contents
- Silva indexer
- Silva UCL RSS feeder (RSS aggregator)
- Silva Ghosts
- Silva Stylesheet
- Kupu HTML view
- Setting the properties of a Silva object
- Document versioning
- Reducing Silva addables
- Reducing the length of a Folder title
- Access keys
- Full Media export (Chief Editors only)
Silva A - Z - if above you cannot find what you are looking for.
Page last modified on 23 jul 14 15:59