- UCL's Imagestore where you can find a lot of images you can use!
Adding an image consist of 2 stages:
- you upload the image to your Silva site.
- you add the image to the relevant page.
Before you read on, please check you know the following about images!
To upload an image into Silva
- Create a folder called Images - you only do this once and place it at the root of your site. You can delete the index page as you will never need it.
- Go into the Images folder.
- Click on the drop-down list at the top of the page.
- Select 'Silva Image'.
- Click on Browse to find the image.
- Select the image.
- Give it an id and title
- Click 'Save'.
To add an image to your Silva Document
- Go to the page where you want to add the image.
- Click on image in the right-hand panel.
- Click get image reference.
- Navigate to your Images folder.
- Select the image.The image should now appear in your page.
Resizing an image
The middle column in Silva is 504 pixels wide. The side columns are roughly 200+ pixels.
However, for a site to download quickly, it's best NOT to have images larger than 500kb. Please resize the images before putting them on Silva.
If an image is a bit too large either in scale, you can resize it within Kupu.
- Ensure you are in editing mode on the relevant page.
- Click on the image to select it and a Toolbox will open on the right-hand side.
- Click on the edit image... link- A NEW TAB WILL OPEN IN YOUR BROWSER.
- To make the image smaller you can change the percentage in the text box next to scaling.
- To make the image smaller using pixels, type in the pixels e.g. 100x75 or 250x175.
- If you are not sure how to do the ratio, you can type 100x* where the * will calculate the correct ratio. Alternatively, you can type *x100.
- Click 'change'.
Note: The change will NOT be visible until you Save and Preview the page.
If you are not sure, email email@example.com and we can explain / help.
Page last modified on 01 may 13 14:16