IT Training Drop In Service (not Silva support)
All dropins will take place in DMS Watson G15 Tuesdays 10 - 1 p.m. and Wednesdays 2 - 5 p.m.
This term dropins will commence on 7 October 2014
Any changes to the above schedule will be provided here in advance of the session.
Record your session
Individual help with IT skills for all UCL staff and students.
Provided by ISD IT Training and run each week during term time
Drop ins take place in DMS Watson Room G15
If you require support, email: ISD.Training@ucl.ac.uk
What we offer
- access to and guidance with self-paced learning based on our resources pages
- general IT help related to your work (see below for details)
- advice and referral for more specialist support as appropriate (see notes and dates above)
- Currently not available - study and mock tests for the ECDL if you are participating in the Staff ECDL programme or the Postgraduate ECDL Programme
DMS Watson G15 is in the far left corner of the ground floor of the Science Library: view a map and floor plan Staff will be located in the first aisle as you enter. If you can't see who is on duty, please ask at the ISD Service Desk.
General IT help
Available at every session:
- Core skills
- Office applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Email with Outlook Web App, Thunderbird and Outlook
- Website support for Dreamweaver and HTML/CSS
Not always available but dates for some packages are give above. Priority is given to staff and postgraduates.
- statistical computing (SPSS, Stata)
- web development (HTML/CSS)
- programming (Matlab)
- qualitative analysis software (Nvivo)
- formatting longer documents (Word, LaTeX)
- bibliographic software (EndNote, Reference Manager)
- database design (Access)
- graphics and image manipulation (Photoshop)
Terms and conditions
You will need to show UCL ID before using the service.
We will try to resolve your query straight away if possible or we may recommend attending another session to receive the best help that we can provide in the area that you are interested in. In some cases we may not be able to provide the help that you require and we will advise you of this as soon as possible.
All support is on a drop in basis. If we advise you to attend at a later date you may still need to wait to be seen. We recommend that you have some work that you can do while you wait.
We recommend you check the Drop In terms and conditions before attending.
For queries about the service please contact email@example.com. Note that you cannot book an appointment and you will be seen on a first come, first served basis.
Page last modified on 12 nov 13 10:07