Pearson Studio - Booking
To book a videoconference, please follow these steps...
- Step 1 - Things to Consider Before You Book
- Step 2 - Check Availability & Request Booking
- Step 3 - Provide Relevant Information For Test
- Step 4 - Provide IDT for Call Charges
Step 1 - Things to Consider Before You Book
Before you attempt to book a videoconference there are certain things that you need to consider. These are...
- Does your booking start before 09:00 or finish after 17.00 UK time?
- Is UCL open on the date you want your videoconference to take place? e.g. bank holidays etc.
- Please be aware that our videoconferencing support staff normally work office hours and extra costs will be incurred for bookings outside these times.
- We strongly recommend doing a test beforehand especially to sites outside the UK. Please contact us for further details.
- If you have any problems, please contact our staff on extension 09259 (020 7679 9259 external).
Step 2 - Check Availability & Request Booking
- Check the availability of the room or facility that you are interested in.
- Contact our videoconferencing support staff directly on internal extension 09259 or email: email@example.com
Step 3 - Provide Relevant Information For Test
Once a videoconference has been booked we will need to set up a test with the site prior to the date - ideally a week before the transmission date - to ensure that we have a good link.
Could you please forward the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org, once they are known to you.
- Date of videoconference
- Site(s) or Place of contact i.e. (University College London, London UK)
- Numbers of delegates expected at local site
- Number of delegates expected at remote site
- Email and telephone number of remote site technical contact(s)
- Presentation format if any
- Start date/time (UK)
- End time (UK)
- Additional support required (if any) - please specify -
Step 4 - Provide IDT for Call Charges
Additionally, for all UCL departments, we will also require an IDT (Inter-departmental Transfer) before the event - with the appropriate budget code - so that we can invoice for the call charges.
If you are external to UCL then we will need written confirmation and a deposit of £60 to retain the booking.