Access Guide for Research Data Pilot Service
This is a temporary site providing information to pilot users on how to access the Research Data Pilot Service.
As this is a pilot service, please bear in mind the following:
- Access to the service is only available to those who have directly contacted us and have been provided
- Allocations are provided to project as the central concept of our service, not individuals.
- There may be unplanned outages. For planned outages, we are aiming to give you plenty of warning.
- Your connection to the service may be unstable at times as we make changes to key configuration and network settings.
- There is a (very small) chance of data loss. If your data cannot be easily reproduced please ensure that those on our pilot service is not the only copy.
- We do not currently back up either service although we have a disaster recovery feature that is currently being commissioned.
Our data centre should not be used to store data for which you have obligations under the UK Data Protection Act 1998, including anonymous data for which a re-identification key is available. If you are unsure whether your data is covered by the act or require more general advice, please see one of the following links:
- Handling Sensitive Data (if you are a member of SLMS)
- UCL's Computer Security Team
- Information Commissioner's Office Guide to the Data Protection Act
If you have come across this page and are in need of data storage for your research project, please contact us at researchdata-info [ AT ] ucl.ac.uk
Page last modified on 02 oct 13 11:23