Research Data Services
UCL Research Data Services is implementing a series of services to facilitate better management of digital datasets by UCL researchers, their partners and collaborators.
Research Data Storage
A large scale facility for research data during your project.
Research Data Archive
Long term data storage and preservation for the products of your project (planned for pilot mid 2014)
UCL Research Data Access
A facility to locate, reference and access research data from the UCL Research Data Archive (planned for pilot late 2014)
Our Research Data Storage service has now launched and is available for all researchers at UCL.
Our activities are governed by the Research Data Executive, chaired by Dr Paul Ayris.
Objectives and Policies
The key objectives of the UCL Research Data service are to provide:
- Capability to store, preserve and access increasingly large volumes of electronic research data and data products
- Capability to support coordinated end-to-end research 'workflows' encompassing the use of both data storage and computational resources, by UCL researchers.
- The protection and preservation of UCL's research data assets.
- Increased potential for re-use and possible future exploitation of UCL's research data assets.
- Opportunities to consolidate UCL's data storage infrastructure. Unified pan-UCL services (single system for all researchers)
- Compliance with increasingly stringent requirements for the management of project (data) outputs by the Research Councils.
UCL Research Data Policy
version 4.0 2013
The Vice Provost (Research) has ratified a UCL Research Data Policy. This policy outlines responsibilities of all stakeholders involved in the storage and management of data outputs from research at UCL.
Guidelines and communication events are being developed and will be available shortly
Page last modified on 04 aug 14 10:56