New Mobile Telephone Services via ISD
ISD Telephony Services is launching a new mobile telephone service which will replace the current agreements with Vodafone and T-Mobile (EE) although the network will remain with Vodafone.
What this means is that we will contact you as soon as we can and connect you to the new service. This will probably be those who are out of contract or close to then end of the contract with Vodafone first, then T-Mobile.
What is ISD’s Managed Mobile service?
- A self-service portal that provides you with a one-stop shop to order and manage your mobile phones
- You can select a wide range of handsets on 6, 12 and 24 month contracts that include unlimited calls and texts with 2Gb monthly data allowance
- It will be integrated with UCL’s finance system to allow seamless billing
Why are we introducing the Managed Mobile service?
- To provide better value – A competitive bid process has secured an excellent agreement for UCL
- To provide a more responsive service – The self-service portal will provide rapid turn-around on orders
- For greater efficiency – A single service means no effort is required to manage locally agreed contracts
- For ease of use – Fully supported by ISD
- To give you control – Manage all phones in one place with access to billing
How will it work?
- Identify who has authority in each department to order phones.
- Order new phones from the self-service portal. Phones ordered before 2pm will be dispatched the next day.
- Review bills, report faults and get help via the portal.
What are the benefits of the new service?
- Online portal for ordering, billing and faults
- One point of contact and dedicated help desk
- Bundled options for hardware, calls, data and texts
- Includes 2Gb of data, all standard calls and texts
- Deals for 6, 12 and 24 months
What’s happening to existing users?
- Users who currently have contracts managed by the ISD Telephony Team will be migrated over to the new service when their current contract expires
- Early migration may be possible in some cases, but it depends on Vodafone offering discounts to cover the costs of early termination.
When’s this happening?
- Staff with existing contracts will be migrated to the new portal from August onwards.
- Registered departments will be able to purchase new phones from August.
Phone, Call cost and tariff details - see >HERE< for a word document.
Details regarding bars and caps - see >HERE< for a PDF document.
Frequently asked Questions - click here
Page last modified on 14 aug 14 16:34