Sponsored and Proxy connections
rules permit Higher and Further Education institutions with a primary
connection to JANET to grant a "sponsored connection" to JANET via
their own network under licence to UKERNA. The third-party can connect
their own network to JANET via the primary site for educational or
research purposes only. This use is governed by the Acceptable Use
Policy of UKERNA and the primary site.
UCL has 12 Sponsored Connections:
- British Museum
- Chartered Institution of Library and Information Professionals (formerly the Library Association)
- EISAI London Laboratories
- Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Trustah ok
- Institute for Fiscal Studies
- National Gallery
- Royal Astronomical Society
- Royal Institution
- Social Care Institute for Excellence
- University College London Hospital NHS Trust
- Zoological Society of London
There are charges for the UKERNA licence and various services provided by Information Services Devision.
Service Definition for Sponsored Connections.
A Proxy Connection applies when an organisation with a Primary Connection permits a third-party to use its facilities on a regular basis to access JANET.
There are charges for a UKERNA proxy licence and various services provided by Information Services Devision.
Service Definition for Proxy Connections