Sync Clients-Palm on WTS
Oracle CorporateSync 9.0.4 for Palm, Windows Edition
Please note: You will need the instruction booklet that came with your
in addition to the information on this web page.
This section contains these topics:
- System Requirements for WTS Only Managed PC PDA Synchronization
- Setting Up Oracle Calendar Synchronization on a WTS Only PC
- Full Sync Setup
- HotSync your PDA
System Requirements for WTS Only Managed PC PDA Synchronization
The following table contains basic system requirements to allow you to synchronize your Oracle Calendar diary with your Palm PDA.
Palm PDA device
From the WTS Start Panel, click on the Tools button. On the Toolbar menu that appears you will see a button called Applications. There are three icons on the Applications Panel that relate to PDA synchronization:-
- Oracle Calendar Sync Setup
- Full Sync Setup
- Hotsync Your PDA
Setting Up Oracle Calendar Synchronization on a WTS Only PC
- Palm PDA synchronization with Oracle Calendar is available to users who have Windows 2000-based WTS Only managed PCs and a USB port. Your Palm PDA must also be able to connect to a PC using a USB cable.
From the WTS Start Panel, click on Tools, Applications, Oracle Calendar Sync Setup.
- Enter your username and password. The server information should already be set as diary.ucl.ac.uk
- You will now be able to Hotsync your Oracle Calendar diary with your Palm device, please refer to your manufacturers user guide on how to do this.
Full Sync Setup
If you are finding that your PDA seems to be connecting to Oracle Calendar succesfully, but some of your meetings are not being synchronized try running a Full Synchronization.
Hotsync Your PDA
If your PDA is failing to connect to your managed PC, it may be that the Hotsync software has stopped running. Use this icon to restart Hotsync.