Oracle CorporateSync 10.1.1 for Pocket PC, Windows Edition
This section contains these topics:
- System Requirements for Oracle CorporateSync 184.108.40.206.4 for Pocket PC, Windows Edition
- Installing Oracle CorporateSync 220.127.116.11.4 for Pocket PC, Windows Edition
The following table contains the Oracle CorporateSync 18.104.22.168.4 for Pocket PC, Windows Edition systems requirements.
Windows NT 4.0
|Disk Space||75 MB|
|ActiveSync||ActiveSync 3.0 to 3.8|
||Any Pocket PC-compatible device running Pocket PC 2002 or Pocket PC 2003|
IS have tested the following PDA's and synchronised them successfully with the Oracle Calendar Windows Client:
- HP iPAQ 1930
Installing Oracle CorporateSync 10.1.1 for Pocket PC, Windows Edition
This section describes how to install Oracle CorporateSync 22.214.171.124.4 for Pocket PC, Windows Edition.
If you have a previous version of Oracle Calendar Sync (CorporateSync) installed, it is recommended that you perform a synchronization before you install Oracle Calendar Sync for Pocket PC.
1. Ensure that ActiveSync is installed on your computer.
2. Download cal_syncppc_win_1012.exe
3. The following dialogue window will appear
4. Click 'Save'.
5. You will then be prompted as to where you want to save the file. Choose a location to save the file (eg C:\Temp). Note: The File Download dialogue box may look different depending on what version of Windows you have installed.
6. Once the file has downloaded you can run it by double-clicking on it.
7. Accept the license agreement and choose an installation directory.
8. Choose an installation type. Choosing 'Complete' will allow you to sync your Oracle Calendar Meetings, Day Events and Daily Notes to your Pocket PC. Tasks will be imported to your Pocket PC's To Do List, and Address will go into the Address Book.
If you choose Custom, there is no difference between This feature will be installed on local hard drive and This feature, and all subfeatures, will be installed on your local hard drive. Select the conduits you want to install.
8. Enter your user information, including user name, password, calendar server. The UCL calendar server is diary.ucl.ac.uk.
9. Ensure that you install Oracle Calendar Sync Helper files when prompted by the application. Your device must be connected to install these files.
10. Follow the rest of the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
11. Remove your device from its cradle.
12. If you are upgrading from a previous version, select File > Delete Partnership.
13. Return your device to the cradle. The ActiveSync Partnership Wizard starts.
14. Follow the on-screen instructions to create a new ActiveSync Partnership. Select Oracle Calendar as your plug-in for Calendar, Tasks and Contacts.
15. Open Microsoft ActiveSync if it does not open automatically.
16 Click Sync if synchronization is not automatically initiated. The first time you synchronize, a full synchronization will occur.
Page last modified on 07 feb 11 17:45