Outlook 2010 - The Search facility
Find an Outlook Item using Instant Search
Tip! The Instant Search pane is always available in all of your Outlook
folders, such as Mail, Calendar, Tasks, and Contacts.
1. In the Navigation pane, click on the the folder you want to search (such as your Inbox, for example)
2. In the Instant Search box, type your search text.
- To narrow your search, type more characters.
- To widen your search to include all folders, at the end of the search results, click Try searching again.
3. When you have finished your search, you can clear the search box by clicking on the Close button (the little 'X' on the right hand side of the box)
Tip! Attachments are also searched for the text you enter!
Add more search criteria
When you click in the Instant Search box, the Search Tools tab appears
in the ribbon. In the Refine group of Search Tools, a number of criteria
options help to make the search more specific.
WTS USERS, please note: The Refine group is greyed out in Outlook 2010 in WTS. These options are not available as it requires Windows Desktop Search to be enabled. This is not possible in WTS.
To refine your search:
Reuse a recent search
Your 10 most recent searches are saved and can be reused.
1. Click in the Instant Search box
2. In the Search Tools tab (which appears above the Instant Search box), and in the Options group, click on the Recent Searches button.
3. Select the search word or phrase that you want to use again.
Page last modified on 27 oct 10 10:20