Outlook 2010 - Automatic replies (Out of Office)
[also available: set up Out of Office message in OWA)
1. Click on the File menu
2. Select Info (from the left hand navigation pane)
3. Click on the Automatic Replies button on the right hand side.
4. Click on Send automatic replies.
5. And select the box underneath which reads Only send during this time range.
6. Choose your start and end time.
|Tip! If you do not specify a start and end time, auto-replies will be sent until you click Do not send Out of Office auto-replies.|
7. On the Inside My Organization tab, type the response that you want to send while you are out of the office.
8. Click OK to save your changes.
Please note: Inside My Organization means only people who have moved to the Live@UCL service.
UCL contacts who are not yet using Live@UCL are considered as people Outside My Organisation.
To send auto-replies to people 'Outside My Organisation'
8. Click on the Outside My Organization tab
9. Put a tick in the box next to Auto-reply to people outside my organization.
|Please note: By default, the option to reply to people outside of your organisation is switched ON. To ensure that people outside of UCL do not receive your automated reply, you must take the tick out of the box next to Auto-reply to people outside my organization.|
10. Type the message that you want people in the that category to see while you are out of the office.
Please note: Typing a message in this box means that your automated reply will be seen by anyone who sends you an email. This includes:
If you don't want your automated reply to be seen by everyone that sends you a message while you are away, you can specify to reply to people who are only in My Contacts.
11. Click OK to save your changes.
Page last modified on 27 oct 10 10:19