Outlook 2010 - Set reminders for appointments, events or meetings
By default, calendar reminders are set to alert 15 minutes before the start of an activity.
You can change the default or change the reminder setting on individual appointments as and when you need to.
Change the default reminder setting
1. In Calendar view, click on File.
2. Select Options.
3. Select Calendar from the left hand pane.
4. On the right hand pane, under Calendar Options, click on the down arrow next to Default reminders and select the number of minutes you would like to set as default from the resulting list.
5. Click OK to save your changes.
Change the reminder for a single Calendar entry
1. Double click on the entry that you would like to set a reminder for.
2. Click on the Meeting tab in the ribbon.
3. In the Options group, click on the down arrow next to the Reminder box and select how far in advance you would like the reminder set from the resulting list.
Please note: the reminder only affects your Calendar. If you have invited others to your meeting, the reminder will not alert others (unless they have personally set it up in their own Calendar).
Tip! You can set Outlook to show a bell icon on the Calendar for
appointments and meetings with reminders.
Go to: File > Options > Calendar (on the left) and on the right hand side under Calendar options place a tick in the box next to Show bell icon on the Calendar for appointments and meetings with reminders.
Click OK to save your changes.
Followed the steps above and still not getting reminders?
1. File > Options
2. On the right hand pane, select the Advanced option.
3. Under the heading Reminders on the right hand side, place a tick in the box next to Show Reminders.
You should now receive reminders in Calendar.
Page last modified on 31 jan 11 10:37