Outlook 2010 - Create a new meeting
- To field
- Location (add a room for your meeting)
- Start / End times and meeting details
- Repeated meeting
- Send your meeting request
- Track your meeting request
- Create a new meeting using Meeting with All
1. In Calendar view, click on the New Meeting button, in the New group on the ribbon.
2. Fill in the details about your meeting request:
Type in the names of the people you would like to invite or click on the To box to open the Global Address List (GAL) to carry out a search.
|Tip! See: Using the GAL when sending an email or meeting request for more information.|
Silva Code Source «HTML: Add an anchor»
Type in the subject of your meeting.
You can type in the name of the location, or if it is a room that you wish to book, click on the Rooms button at the end of the Location field to search for the room you need.
In the Select Rooms: Global Address List window, click in the down arrow under Address Book and select All Rooms.
Search for the location you need, double click to select it and click the OK button. The room will now be added to the Location field in the New Meeting window.
"Do you want to update the current location '<Add the location>' with the new location (location name)?"
When you have added your rooms, the Suggested times pane (on the bottom right-hand corner) will display any conflicts with the room or equipment you added.
Tip! If you do not see this pane on the right side of your screen, click on the Room Finder button on the Meeting tab in the Options group.
Start / End times and meeting details
Select the Start and End times or select all day event.
Tip! If you want to create an All day event but still make your Calendar available for bookings, choose Show as: Free in the Event tab in the Options group.
You can also add details of your meeting and attach any required files (Attach File) using the Insert tab in the toolbar in the Include group.
To make the meeting recur, click on the Recurrence button on the Meeting tab in the Options group.
From the options available, choose when and how often you would like the meeting to be repeated.
For more information about the options available, see Recurring meetings.
Sending your meeting request
When you have finished completing all the details for your new meeting request, click on the Send button.
An email will be sent to all recipients informing them of your new meeting request.
Create a new meeting using Meeting with All
1. Open the Calendars of the individuals with whom you want to attend your meeting.
Note: If you are not sure how to open a Shared Calendar, see Open another user's live@ucl calendar.
2. In either your Calendar or one of the attendees, click in the day that you want to arrange the meeting and click and drag to select the time and length of the meeting. E.g. click and drag between 2pm-3pm so that it is highlighted.
2. In the ribbon, on the Home tab, in the New group, click on the New Meeting button and from the resulting list, select New Meeting with All.
3. A new meeting request window will open. You will notice that all the names of the attendees are already in the To field. You now just need to fill in the rest of the details, such as Location, Subject etc. The time date and time should already have filled in, adjust if necessary.
Page last modified on 23 feb 12 12:00