Outlook 2010 - Working with Calendar groups
Calendar groups enable you to view combined schedules for a number of people or resources. For example, you may regularly schedule meetings with the same people in department or faculty. By creating a Calendar group for each of these sets of people, you can quickly check their availability and then schedule a meeting.
Create a Calendar group
1. In Calendar view, click on the Home tab.
2. In the Manage Calendars group, click on the Calendar Groups button.
3. From the drop down list Create New Calendar Group.
4. Enter a name for your Calendar group and click OK.
5. The Global Address List will open. Select the people you want to add to your Calendar group and click OK.
6. Your new group Calendar will now appear in the Navigation pane. When you select the group (by placing a tick in the box next to the group Calendar name), each member's Calendar will be displayed side by side.
You can change the view of the Calendars in order to make scheduling meetings easier.
Tip! You can also create a new Calendar group by displaying the desired calendars (place ticks next to each person you want to make a member of the group), click on the Calendar Groups button, and from the drop down list, select Save as New Calendar group.
Delete a Calendar group
To remove a Calendar group from the Navigation Pane, right click on the group name and select Delete Group.
Rename a Calendar group
To rename a Calendar group, right click on the group name in the Navigation Pane and select Rename Group.
Add a shared Calendar to your group
To add a Calendar to a group, right click on the group name in the Navigation Pane and select Add Calendar.
From the list that appears, select your source (E.g. from Address Book).
Tip! You can also add a Shared Calendar to a Calendar Group by clicking and dragging it onto the Calendar group's name in the Navigation Pane.
Page last modified on 28 oct 10 10:18