Use Secure SMTP to send email from outside of UCL
If you are using Thunderbird on your own PC outside UCL, you also have to do the following in order to send emails.
- Click on Tools > Account Settings
- Select Outgoing Server (SMTP).
- Click Edit.
- The SMTP Server settings window will appear.
- Enter the Server Name: as smtp2-server.ucl.ac.uk
- Click on Use name and password and enter your userid next to User Name.
This must be your userid and not your mail alias e.g. email@example.com
- Under Use secure connection, select TLS, if available.
- Click on OK.
- Click OK on the Account settings window to save your changes.