E-assessment or Computer Aided Assessment (CAA) software can be used to create online assessments and surveys which can be automatically marked and the scores returned with feedback directly to the students.
The following e-assessment software are supported:
- Moodle Quizzes - Moodle provides a quiz tool that can be used for formative and summative assessment. It includes multiple choice and multiple response, true-false, short answer, and calculated questions. These questions are kept in a categorised database, and can be re-used within courses and even between courses. Quizzes can allow multiple attempts. Each attempt is automatically marked, and the tutor can choose whether to give feedback or to show correct answers. This module includes grading facilities. Please refer to these guidelines if using Moodle Quizzes for examinations.
- Moodle Assignments - Assignments allow the tutor to specify a task that requires students to prepare digital content in any format and submit it by uploading it to the server. Typical assignments include essays, projects, reports and so on. This module includes grading facilities.
- Turnitin - available via UCL Moodle, can be used as an academic writing tool to check citations and references to other sources.
- Hot Potatoes - creates web-based exercises for self-assessment
- LAPT - developed at UCL, LAPT uses certainty-based marking, to encourage better reflection and deeper learning.
If you are considering using Moodle quizzes or similar tools for summative assessment please read our guidelines for good practice.
Page last modified on 10 apr 13 10:38