Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems. You can use Audacity to:
- Record live audio.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3*, and WAV sound files.
- Cut, copy, splice, and mix sounds together.
- Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
- And more!
It can be downloaded from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/
Documentation: Using Audacity - Word (1MB)
* To export to MP3 format, you must also download the free LAME encoder.
Page last modified on 09 sep 09 14:29