- Core E-Learning Tools
- Other E-Learning Tools
- General Support and Information
- Legal Guidelines
- Distance Learning
- Public E-Learning Platform (PELP) project & UCLeXtend
- Contact Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
Meet the E-Learning Environments Team
Meet the Team
E-Learning Environments are based within Information Services Division (ISD) and provide support, advice and training for all aspects of Learning Technology, e-learning and distance learning across the whole of UCL.
ELE has three sub-teams led by Fiona Strawbridge who has managed e-learning support at UCL since its inception. Fiona has seen the service grow from three people supporting a handful of courses in the old Learning Technology Support Service in 2003 to the current extended structure which now includes school-facing support, distance learning support, innovations and evaluation functions. She joined UCL in 2000 when she was responsible for IT training. Before joining UCL Fiona lectured in remote sensing and geographic information systems at Bath Spa University following a stint as a post-doc at UCL's Mullard Space Science Laboratory.
- E-Learning Services, led by Jason Norton, managing our core services, end-user support and the central training programme.
- E-Learning Advisory, led by Clive Young, supporting and disseminating good practice through school-facing facilitators who work closely with CALT colleagues, running local events and staff development activities. The team includes a distance learning facilitator.
- E-Learning Developments, led by Steve Rowett, horizon scanning and evaluating new technologies and pedagogies, running and evaluating trials. The team includes a learning spaces specialist and an evaluation specialist.
For general enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For urgent enquiries you can reach us by telephone on 020 3549 5678 / Ext 65678.