About E-Learning Environments - ELE
The E-Learning Environments (ELE) team provides support for e-learning to all members of UCL. Our main activities are:
- Support, advisory and outreach: Developing, sharing and ensuring good practice in e-learning by working with departments and individuals. We run courses, workshops, master classes and briefings, and encourage and support formal and informal networks.
- Running and enhancing e-learning services: Improving the usability and functionality of our main e-learning services such as Moodle, Lecturecast, Turnitin and MyPortfolio and working on better integration with other systems.
- Innovation, evaluation and development: Assessing student and teacher needs, evaluating new technologies, pedagogies and services, horizon scanning, experimenting, and guiding the future.
- Developing learning spaces: Working with colleagues in UCL Estates to improve physical learning spaces, to increase the number of open-access PCs and flexible learning spaces, and to introduce experimental teaching facilities.
- Distance learning and continuing professional development: A major new area for UCL which requires new approaches to teaching, to student support, and to quality assurance.
Our work is informed by the UCL E-Learning Strategy, and is governed by the Learning & Teaching IT Services Group which is chaired by the Vice Provost (Education).
You can contact us by email at email@example.com or telephone 020 3549 5678 (extension 65678). Alternatively drop in for a chat - we are located in the Podium building (West side entrance), next to Euston station.