Research Applications & Services
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
User Training Guides
|RPS - Research Publications System||RPS FAQs||RPS User Guides|
|IRIS - Institutional Research Information System||IRIS - Frequently Asked Questions||
IRIS User Guides
Research Equipment Catalogue
Research Equipment Catalogue FAQs
RPS This is UCL's Research Publications Service that allows researchers to manage their publications. It 'harvests' publications data from various authoritative online data sources, including PubMed, Scopus and Web of Science. For many users, this will significantly reduce the amount of data entry required to keep publications data up-to-date - something that is crucial to UCL for the Research Excellence Framework (REF) and for professorial appraisal.
The system also provides:
- Email alerts when new publications are found for you to claim
- Integration with the Institutional Research Information Service (IRIS) and the PAR professorial appraisal system
- Full-text transfer facility to the UCL Discovery Open Access repository
- Easier preparation for grant applications and research assessments
IRIS The Institutional Research Information System (IRIS) is the research portal for UCL. It allows researchers to maintain their research profiles by:-
- automatically displaying approved publications for researcher profiles
- allowing researchers to update their teaching and research summaries.
- ability for researchers to assign themselves to Research Activities and Groups.
- updating achievement information and entering Twitter and LinkedIn links against profiles.
Please refer to IRIS - Achievement Types for an explanation of the different types available for use on the achievement tab.
Discovery UCL Discovery showcases UCL's research publications, giving access to journal articles, book chapters, conference proceedings, digital web resources, theses and much more, from all UCL disciplines. Where copyright permissions allow, a full copy of each research publication is directly available from UCL Discovery.
You can search or browse UCL Discovery, see the most downloaded publications, and keep up to date with the latest UCL research by RSS or even on Twitter.
Please refer to Discovery FAQs for further information.
Research Equipment Catalogue Research Equipment Catalogue is an online searchable database containing information about all UCL’s major research equipment and facilities. Researchers can view information about each equipment item (such as technical specifications and availability) and use an enquiry form to contact the equipment owner. Researchers can also browse by department, facility and manufacturer or use a free-text search.
Please refer to Research Equipment Catalogue FAQs for further information.
Page last modified on 17 jun 14 08:48