The Silva CMS doesn't allow you to set password-protected areas for non-UCL.
If you need to do this, please contact email@example.com
Restrict to just UCL users
- Enter the folder that you wish to restrict access to, and click on the access tab at the top;
- If you wish to restrict access to the site to just UCL users, simply select this as Authenticated;
- You'll be able to see a list of all the users who have access to Silva.
- If you scroll down to public view access restrictions, you can then set the restriction type, and click set restriction.
Restrict to an LDAP group
If you'd like to limit access to an LDAP group (e.g. UCL-staff)...
- Set the restriction type (as described above) to Viewer, Viewer+, or Viewer++. This, as you might assume, will restrict access to just UCL users who have a role of Viewer, Viewer+ or Viewer++ status for your website.
- Just above this, you'll see a box entitled UCL LDAP groups. Select the groups you wish to limit access to, and then select your chosen role for them (e.g. Viewer, Viewer+ or Viewer++).
- Click assign.
Restrict to a specific group of UCL users
If, on the other hand, you wish to limit access to your website to just a group of specific UCL users...
1. Set the restriction type (as described above) to Viewer, Viewer+, or Viewer++. This, as you might assume, will restrict access to just UCL users who have a role of Viewer, Viewer+ or Viewer++ status for your website.
2. To set the status of your chosen users to any of these roles, simply scroll up to the user clipboard (top right of the page), and click lookup users...
3. As prompted, enter a user's username (i.e. the user's UCL UserID) and click search.
4. When the user id appears below, check the box by it and click add to clipboard. For any further users you wish to set roles for, simply enter their user ids in the same field as before, and again, click add to clipboard.
5. Once all users have been added to the user clipboard, click back on the access tab at the top of the page.
6. You should see the user id(s) appearing in the user clipboard box. Click on the ids to select them, and then select your chosen role (i.e. Viewer, Viewer+ or Viewer++) from the drop-down list at the bottom of the box. Finally click assign.
These users will now be able to view the page.