Create a new web page or folder
Web page (called Silva Document)
- Ensure you are in the contents tab
- Click on the select: drop-down list
- Select Silva Document from the drop-down list
- Fill in the id (lowercase and not underscore if more than one word!) and title for the web page
- Press save or save and enter.
The ID must be:
- in lower case
UCL's standard practice to have all URLs in lower-case!
- not have any punctuations except for hyphens
Avoid using underscore or any other symbols.
- not have any spaces
URLs never have spaces.
The title field has no such limitations but it's best to keep the ID and the Title the same.
The page title will appear in the:
- new document at the top of the page
- breadcrumb trail
- left-hand navigation
It is good practice to create Silva folders rather than Silva documents (i.e individual single web pages).
Because you can add additional objects to a folder e.g. a separate right-hand column, a different menu etc. which you can't do if you have only a web page.
- Navigate to the section of the site where you want to add the new folder;
- Ensure you are in the contents tab;
- Click on the select: drop-down list;
- Select Silva Folder;
- Give the folder an id and title - the id must be in lower case, and use hyphens, not underscore;
- Click Save, or Save and Enter to start working inside this new folder.
- By default, you will automatically be given an index page (Silva document) when you create a folder.
- If you don't want an index page, e.g. if you would like a folder for storing files or images, choose none before you click on Save.