RPS - SERVICE UPGRADE
RPS (Research Publication Service) will be upgraded from version 4.16 to 5.3:
PLANNED OUTAGE PERIOD:
- Starts - 1000hrs (GMT) on Tuesday 21st March
- Ends - 1200hrs (GMT) on Monday 27th March
RPS will then be considered AT RISK until 24th April whilst post upgrade tasks and tests are completed.
What are we upgrading, and why is it taking so long?
- Database: We need to upgrade the database to upgrade the application. There are new dependencies and improved functionality in the new version of the application.
- Application: We're moving up to version 5.3 which has many improvements. Because of the amount of improvements and changes, we have to perform a considerable number of tasks and tests to maintain the integrity of the data and dependencies on external services.
There will be regular updates with the status of the upgrade as it progresses.
- 27.01.17 - Planning the future upgrade procedure and securing resources required.
- 07.03.17 - UAT environment signed-off for Production environment upgrade
- 09.03.17 - Outage period authorised.
- 20.03.17 - Final pre-upgrade tests completed.
- 21.03.17 - 1000hrs - Service shut down.
- 21.03.17 - 1130hrs - Database upgrade successful.
- 21.03.17 - 1530hrs - Application upgrade started.
- 22.03.17 - 2150hrs - Application upgrade completed.
- 22.03.17 - 2300hrs - Reporting Database rebuilt.
- 22.03.17 - 2345hrs - Reporting Synchroniser reload started.
- 23.03.17 - 0945hrs - Full Reindex started.
- 25.03.17 - 1940hrs - Full Reindex completed.
- 27.03.17 - 1200hrs - RPS service resumed - now considered AT RISK until post-upgrade testing is completed on 24 April. Please note, there are restrictions on making changes during the AT RISK period.
For support enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org - please note, there are restrictions on making changes during the AT RISK period.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.