How to scan to email on a print@UCL device
This guide will explain how to scan a document and email it to yourself from a print@UCL device.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
- SLMS staff
Before you start...
- You'll need your UCL ID card which will need to have been registered with print@UCL
- You will need access to a print@UCL Multi-function device or printer
- If you want to copy multiple documents into one then use our advanced how-to guide
Please note: this function will allow you to scan a document to send from the device to your own email address only. Once the document has arrived in your inbox, you are then able to email it to another email address of your choice.
the device swipe your UCL ID card.
2. You will be presented with the following menu options:
- Pull Print
3. Place document face up on the document feeder.
From: Your name will be added as a default. You cannot change this.
Subject: By default the subject is 'Scanned from a Xerox Devic'e. To change this, tap the Subject field and using the keyboard, type in the subject for your email. Hit "ok".
The defaults for scan to email are as follows
- Black & White
- Single sided
- PDF (image only)
- 300 dpi resolution
any of these features, click on the tab below:
- Change the output settings
Change to colour scanning
Change to two sided scanning
Changing the output resolution (quality)
4. When you have finished, click on the large round green button.
The document will then be scanned and the email sent.
The document that has been scanned will arrive in the recipients Inbox as a PDF attachment.
If you have finished, remember to log out! Either swipe your card again or hit the button with a diagram of a key that is lit up in green on the top right hand area, followed by the log out button on the display area.
NOTE: There is file size limit of 20MB to scan to email.
Related guides & other info
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the Service Desk