How to copy on a print@UCL device
This guide will take you through the steps required to photocopy using a print@UCL device.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
- SLMS staff
Before you start...
- You'll need your UCL ID card, which will need to have been registered with print@UCL
- You will need access to a print@UCL Multi-function device or printer
- If you want to copy multiple documents into one then use our advanced how-to guide
the device tap your UCL ID card on the reader.
Fig 1. UCL ID Card reader
2. You will be presented with the following menu options:
- Pull Print
Fig 2. Xerox printer menu options
3. Place document face up on the document feeder.
Fig 3. Xerox document feeder
You will see various features such as enlarge/reduce, paper supply, 2 sided copying and copy output. Choose the option you need by touching the relevant button and selecting the required size, orientation or some other feature.
Fig 4. Xerox output options
The defaults for copying are as follows
- Black & White
- Single sided
- 300 dpi resolution
To change any of these features, see below
- Change copy output settings
Change output colour, paper supply type, paper sides and stapling
4. Click OK after each selection made.
5. When you have made all of your selections, click on the Start Copy button (next to the Home button in the top left hand corner).
Your document will then be copied and printed.
If you have finished, remember to log out! Either tap your card again or hit the button with a diagram of a key that is lit up in green on the top right hand area, followed by the log out button on the display area.
You don't have to wait until your job is finished to sign out. You can do so as soon as you have released your job if you wish.
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the Service Desk