Menu

Account Information for Staff

There are a range of tools available for finding out about and managing your user account:

Computer Reps Tools The Computer Reps Tool provides a list of departmental computer reps. Reps can help getting you an account, if you don't already have one, and can provide a single-use password 'token' to allow you to reset you password if you forget it.

MyAccount

The MyAccount service: this has sections to:

- Find your userid.
 - Reset your password.
 - Use a password token from your Computer Rep if you have forgotten your password.
 - Register for or use the User Authentication Service.

Frequently Asked Questions:

How do I get a UCL account?

• New staff are automatically registered for UCL computer access*. Your Departmental Administrator or your Computer Rep should be able to provide you with your login information.
  • To find out who your Computer Rep is, use the Computer Reps Tool and then filter the list by typing in your department's name in the filter box located in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
  • If the contacts you find in the Computer Reps tool are not able to provide you with your user id and password, contact the ISD Service Desk.

* Note: Computer access for honorary staff should be requested by your Departmental Administrator using the Services System.

How do I find my Computer Rep?

In order to find out who your Computer Rep is, launch the Computer Reps Tool and then filter your search by typing in your department name in the filter box that is located in the top right-hand corner of the page.

Launch: Computer Reps Tool

How do I find my UCL userid?

How do I change my UCL password?

Use the functions available on the MyAccount service.

If you know your current password or it has expired in the last 7 days:

If you have forgotten your password but have registered for the User Authentication Service:

If you have forgotten your password and have not registered for the User Authentication Service:

1. Contact your Computer Rep (see advice on this page to find your Rep) or visit the Computer Reps list.
  2. They will issue you with a one-time use password token.
  3. Validate your Token using MyAccount and follow the steps to reset your password.

More information on UCL password policy and password complexity rules can be found on the Passwords information page.

How do I use a Password Token

If you have been issued a Password Token, follow the instructions on the MyAccount token validation page to change your password.

Information on UCL password policy and password complexity rules is available on the Passwords information page.

What is the User Authentication Service?

The User Authentication Service (UAS) allows you to register a memorable word and a memorable number that can be used to authenticate your account if you have forgotten your UCL password or the account has expired.

Registration for UAS takes only a few moments but allows you to reset your password without making a personal visit to the ISD Service Desk to prove your identity.

Register for UAS via the MyAccount service.

Reset your password using UAS.