RoamNet to eduroam Transition Guide
This page provides a guide for moving your connection from RoamNet to eduroam. The process involved 3 phases.
PHASE 1 - Remove RoamNet Profile
- Open your Wireless Management utility add remove any RoamNet profiles from the list of available Networks (SSID).
- Users of RoamNet Wired should continue using the service as normal until an alternative eduroam Wired is available.
PHASE 2 - Remove the Cisco Systems VPN Client (Optional)
The Cisco Systems VPN Client is used to Secure & Authenticate your connection to the RoamNet service. If you have no other requirement for the Cisco VPN Client (i.e. VPN profiles to other services) it can be uninstalled.
- Microsoft Windows Vista/ 7 - Open Uninstall a Program from the Control Panel and select the Cisco Systems VPN Client x.x.xx.xxxx (where x is the version installed on your PC).
- Microsoft Windows XP - Open Add or Remove Programs from the Control Panel and select the Cisco Systems VPN Client x.x.xx.xxxx (where x is the version installed on your PC).
- Apple Mac OS X - Open a Terminal Window and run the following command:
- Linux - Instructions differ depending on the version of Linux kernel. Please consult the user documentation for your Operating System.
PHASE 3 - Configure eduroam
Please refer to the Connection Guides available on the eduroam web page.