Setting up a Sent Mail rule in Thunderbird
- Click on Tools > Account Settings
- Under your Account Name (the example below shows Work Account, you may have simply named yours IMAP), select Copies and Folders
- Make sure there is a tick next to Place a copy in: You then have TWO choices.
- "Sent" folder on <your Account Name> By default Thunderbird selects "Sent" folder on <your Account Name>
- This means that Thunderbird will create a folder for you called Sent under your IMAP account and all your sent items will filter into this folder.
- Other <on your Account Name>
You may already have a Sent Mail folder set up on your IMAP account. By selecting Other you can specify which folder you would like your sent mail to filter into.
To select an alternative folder:
Click on the following icon:
- Select your Account Name (not Local Folders)
- Choose the Sent Mail folder you require
Click OK to save your changes.