Instructions on how to run JDiskReport
You can run JDiskReport from WTS.
Please note: Myriad users should connect to WTS to run JDiskReport. The information provided below still applies whether you are a WTS or Myriad user.
1. To launch J-Disk go to Start > Programs > Utilities and select JdiskReport 184.108.40.206. The first time you use the software, you will need to select the option Analyse a file tree.
3. This will display a navigation pane. Click on the plus symbol (+) beside the entry relating to My Computer
STSxx (E.g. My Computer STS43).
4. This option will then expand and you will see a drive called Filestore (N:).
5. Click on Filestore (N:) to highlight it and click OK.
6. J-Disk will now run.
What else do I need to know?
- After the initial run of J-Disk an option to analyse the N: drive (Analyse N:\) will be available as soon as the application is launched.
- The J-Disk report will display a pie chart showing a breakdown of your overall N:Drive storage. Positioned just above the pie chart are various tabs. The most beneficial are the Top 100 and the Modified tabs.
- The Top 100 tab will show you your largest files, along with their sizes. The Modified tab will present aged analysis for your files, highlighting the last time you modified a file. This can be extremely useful in identifying files that are no longer needed.