UCL Poster Printing Service
Our phone number has changed.
Please contact us on:
020 3108 (5) 9347 or Posters@ucl.ac.uk
The poster printing service is provided by UCL Creative Media Services, part of the Information Services Division(ISD). We are located on Huntley Street in The Cruciform Building.
For contact details, opening times and directions please go to our Contact us page.
We recommend that first-time users of our service always read through our Guide to Successful Poster Production or call us on 020 3108 (5)9347 for advice on file preparation. To view our useful presentation on poster production please click here. This will open in a new window. Scrolling the presentation allows you to progress at your own pace.
Please note that:
- It takes 2 clear working days to print from correctly formatted files please allow as much time as possible.
- Please supply an A4 proof or create a high quality PDF to supply with your original file.
- For posters that also require lamination, please allow 4 clear working days in total.
- Please note this is a bureau service and although we always try to check and anticipate for formatting errors sometimes this is not possible.
When producing UCL posters you are always expected to follow the UCL Visual-Identity Style Guide. We will happily answer any formatting, technical or corporate identity questions you may have. You can email us or bring your file in person on any form of memory device, alternatively send via email attachment (no greater than 5 MB). Email files to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the UCL Dropbox.
To help us please send the following information with your email:
- Your Name & Department
- The Size you wish your poster to be printed, e.g. A0, A1, 900mm x 600mm etc.
- State if lamination is required and allow an extra 2 working days.
- Method of payment. We accept payment by eIDT or credit/debit card.
- If paying by eIDT, wherever possible let us know the eIDT number and the name of the person authorising the work. In FIS choose Information Services Division, our contact is Helen Petterson.
- Tell us the very latest date you require your poster.
- Software program and the version (ie PowerPoint 2003, 2007, 2010) used and
- The computer platform, either Mac or PC.
For a guide to our charges please see our Poster Printing Service Price List
To produce your poster we use a Canon iPF9000 professional-quality inkjet printer that prints to 1200mm wide and to a considerable length. All posters are printed on high quality semi-gloss paper.
Quick Do’s and Don’ts checklist:
- Do leave plenty of time to have your poster printed
- Do try to collect your work yourself to check it is correct
- Do use high value dpi images (eg 100dpi at 1:1 final size)
- Do check your poster conforms to UCL Corporate Identity & your conference specifications
- Do supply us with a proof or create a high quality PDF to supply with your original file. We do on occasion print from the PDF so please ensure it is correct.
- Do save your file in the program it was made in: e.g. Save PowerPoint 2007 files as pptx.
- Don’t use transparency in PowerPoint
- Don’t use high contrasting gradients in PowerPoint
- Don't put the contents right to the edge of the poster (apart from the UCL banner)
- Always leave a border of at least 1cm to allow space for trimming.