UKERNA rules permit Higher and Further Education institutions with a primary connection to JANET to grant a "sponsored connection" to JANET via their own network under licence to UKERNA. The third-party can connect their own network to JANET via the primary site for educational or research purposes only. This use is governed by the Acceptable Use Policy of UKERNA and the primary site.
UCL has 11 Sponsored Connections:
- British Museum
- Chartered Institution of Library and Information Professionals (formerly the Library Association)
- EISAI London Laboratories
- Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Trustah ok
- Institute for Fiscal Studies
- National Gallery
- Royal Astronomical Society
- Royal Institution
- Social Care Institute for Excellence
- University College London Hospital NHS Trust
- Zoological Society of London
There are charges for the UKERNA licence and various services provided by Information Systems.
The Service Definition for Sponsored Connections can be viewed at http://www.ucl.ac.uk/is/definition/csd00145.pdf