The Department runs two short courses on approximately an annual basis. These are 'Research Methods in Sexual Health & HIV', and 'Methodological & Statistical Issues in Clinical HIV Research'.
Information on postgraduate study within Infection & Population Health.
Research Methods in Sexual Health and HIV
This years Research Methods in Sexual Health and HIV course will take place on the 24th -28th June 2013 in central London.
Click here for a flyer.
This 5-day intensive course is run by The Centre for Sexual Health and HIV Research and is taught by leading researchers from University College London. It is designed for all those within the field of sexual health wishing to improve their research skills. Through a series of seminars and practical sessions related to HIV, STIs, Sexual and Reproductive Health Research, the course aims to teach the following:
· The principles of formulating a research question and designing a project
· Qualitative, quantitative, bio-statistical and epidemiological research methods
· A practical guide to research governance, ethical approval and good practice in research
· How to critically appraise scientific literature
· Presenting at conferences and getting scientific papers published
£595 full fees
£325 for full time students and individuals from middle/low income countries (World Bank classification)
Research Methods Course contact:
020 3108 2103
Methodological and Statistical Issues in Clinical HIV Research
This four-day short course is for healthcare professionals and those working in the pharmaceutical industry who have an interest in HIV. It is aimed at those with little or no prior statistical knowledge and typically includes:
- Basic introduction to statistical techniques and hypothesis testing
- The use of survival analysis in studies of HIV infection
- The design and analysis of randomised controlled trials for antiretroviral therapy
- The role of observational studies in HIV infection
- The analysis of HIV RNA data and the use of surrogate marker endpoints in HIV clinical trials
The latest course took place at the Royal Free Hospital in north west London in May 2012.
Prices for 2013 are-
NHS/Academic: £500 Pharmaceutical Industry: £1200
For more information on future runnings of this course, please contact Pat Withington, Group Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last modified on 12 apr 13 12:43