- IPAS PhD Talk on "Scientific evidence in pharmaceutical coverage decisions: A cure for health care challenges?"
- IPAS Charity Football Tournament
- IPAS Cake/Bake Sale & Bucket Collecting Around UCL CAMPUS!
- IPAS Visit to the UK Parliament
- IPAS Luncheon at the Embassy of Belgium
- IPAS SPP Alumni Evening
- Video: Dr. Michael Shackleton
- Lecture with Dr. Michael Shackleton chaired by Prof. David Coen
- End of Poverty - Film Screening
- 5K or 10K Charity Run in aid of JAAGO Foundation
- Jaago Foundation Video
- IPAS Christmas Party 2011
- New IPAS Video
- New gallery pictures now online
- Tea with the Ambassador Series Feb-2011
- Pictures: Nightmare on Charlotte St
- Nightmare on Charlotte Street!
- Pub Golf - Friday, November 26th
- Christmas Party - Tues, Dec 14th 2010
- Three new photo galleries added
- Pictures from the IPAS Bar Golf Event - Nov 26th, 2010
- Valentine's/Anti-Valentine's Day Bash
- Hi from your new IPAS team
- IPAS Chinese New Year Dinner
IPAS PhD Talk on "Scientific evidence in pharmaceutical coverage decisions: A cure for health care challenges?"
11 March 2012
MONDAY --- MARCH 19 --- 18:00 --- SPP COUNCIL ROOM
This presentation by PhD student Katharina Kieslich (SPP) aims to provide an overview of a policy instrument that has become increasingly popular with health care policy-makers worldwide, namely health technology assessment (HTA). A short introduction to the processes and forms of HTAs will be followed by a discussion on whether or not HTA can provide a remedy for some of the challenges facing the majority of health care systems.
The presentation will be practical in its approach, offering starting points for how a researcher/policy expert might go about advising government agencies and policy-makers in this specific field; this will be underlined by examples taken from the British and German HTA systems. In this sense the presentation aims to provide the audience with an idea of how knowledge and research can be applied to the 'real world' in the area of health policy.
Your IPAS Team!
Page last modified on 11 mar 12 21:41