Zeiss LSM 710 - AxioImager Z.1 Upright microscope
Room B11, Cayton Street
£ 33 per hour
This is a versatile and upgradeable confocal system set up to image and montage thick specimens or whole mounts through the provision of x10, x40 and x63 water immersion C-apochromat objectives. The system uses Zeiss Zen 2009 software permitting a full range of spectral imaging in real time.
The smart setup option allows users to quickly create optimised configurations which can be further modified by the users so as to permit faster line scanning modes. Intelligent tiling software permits efficient montaging of large areas as x, y or x, y, z scans. Fully spectral system capable of x, y, z, l scans including real time unmixing.
Main Applications: Fixed tissue preparations, (e.g., wholemount retinae), and cells.
- Upright laser scanning microscope with 2PMT's and a 32 channel Quasar detector
- Objectives/NA: Air (x10/0.3, x20/0.8) Water (x10/0.8, x40/1.2, x63/1.2).
- Scans in either 8, 12 or 16 bit modes at pixel resolutions up to 6192x6192.
- Transmission detector for phase contrast (x10-x63) or DIC (x40 and x63) imaging
- Available laser lines: 405nm, 458nm, 488nm, 514nm, 543nm and 633nm.
- Capability to image 34 channels simultaneously or sequentially.
- Electronic zoom ranges from 0.6-40x objective power.
Zeiss LSM700-AxioImage M.1 upright microscope
Room B11 Cayton Street
£ 28 per hour
This is a basic workhorse confocal system offering high sensitivity and limited spectral imaging capabilities.
Although the unique variable beam splitter limits this system to two fluorescent channels, smart setup and ‘Auto’ exposure functions permit the user to create and optimise configurations for sequential scanning of four or more fluorochromes, with DIC as a further option on the x 20, 40 and 63 objectives.
Main Applications: Fixed cells and tissue preparations.
- Fully spectral system capable of x, y, z, l scans.
- Upright laser scanning microscope with two PMT's for fluorescence imaging and one for DIC/phase contrast.
- Objectives/NA: Air (x10/0.3, x20/0.8) Oil (x40/1.3, x63/1.4).
- Scans in 8, 12 or 16 bit modes at pixel resolutions up to 2048 x 2048.
- Transmission detector for phase contrast (x10-x63) or DIC (x20 upwards) imaging.
- Four diode laser lines: 405nm, 488nm, 561nm and 639nm.
- Capability to image two fluorochromes simultaneously or four or more sequentially using stored or user defined collection windows.
- Electronic zoom ranges from 0.5-30x objective power.
Zeiss LSM510- Axioplan upright microscope
Room B05 Cayton Street
£ 23 per hour
This is a very reliable filter based confocal system on an upright microscope system with manually semi-rotating stage. The system utilises the original LSM imaging software, and stored configurations for rapid sequential scanning of three or four fluorochromes with the option of an additional DIC image on the x40 or x63 objectives.
Main Applications: Suitable for fixed cells and tissue preparations.
- Upright laser scanning microscope with 3PMT's
- Objectives/NA: Air (x5/0.15, x10/0.3, x20/0.8) Oil (x16/0.5, x40/1.3 and x63/1.4).
- Scans in either 8 or 12 bit modes at pixel resolutions up to 2048 x 2048.
- Transmission detector for DIC or phase contrast imaging.
- Imaging at x3.5 to 40 x 63.
- Available laser lines: 458nm, 488nm, 514nm, 543nm and 633nm.
- Capability to image, FITC, TRITC and Cy5 sequentially.
- Electronic zoom ranges from 0.7 - 40x objective power.
Leica TCS-SP2 AOBS-DMIRE2 Inverted microscope
Room 2.53 JIF Building
£ 23 per hour
Main applications: Fixed tissue/cells and short term live cell imaging
- Inverted laser scanning confocal microscope system with Solent temperature controlled surround for live cell work.
- Objectives/NA Air (x10/0.4) Oil (x20/0.7, x40/1.25x63/1.4 -0.6)
- Scans in either 8 or 12 bit modes at pixel resolutions of up to 4096 x 4096.
- 350-900nm spectral detection range with 5nm spectral resolution and sub-micron spatial resolution.
- DIC detector for x40 and x63 objectives.
- Spectral unmixing allows simultaneous scanning of up to three fluorochromes.
- Four lasers offering six laser lines including: 405nm, 488nm, 543nm and 633nm.
- Suitable for most fluorochromes from DAPI to Cy5.
- Scans in five dimensions: xyz, xyt and λ.
- Additional software modules permit FRET, FRAP and FLIP imaging.
- Electronic zoom ranges from 1-32x objective power.
For pricing guide please click here