IT Services at IoN
IT services for the Institute of Neurology are provided through UCL Information Services Division (ISD) by IT for SLMS - a section of ISD dedicated to operating and maintaining the IT services for Faculties within the School of Life and Medical Science. In terms of what this means at the IoN, there is currently a body of staff based at No.7 Queen Square providing the following:
- The upkeep, maintenance and security of the Institute network infrastructure, and the links to the UCL network
- Direct computer hardware and software support for those departments with no immediate support staff
- Advice on the purchasing of IT equipment
- Maintenance of the main Institute mail, file and web servers
- Liaison with external IT contractors
This unit aims to create an IT environment which will allow staff and
students to conduct their research as effectively as possible.
..which essentially means we try and keep systems (and the people who use them) working as much, as fast and as efficiently as possible, ably assisted by a range of support staff and IT enthusiasts dispersed around the various IoN sites.
For more details of ways in which we can help you, click the links on the right.