Queen Square Library
Publishing & publications
- Your Publications - all Institute of Neurology authors should maintain their publications lists in the Research Publications Service (RPS). The Queen Square Library can help Institute of Neurology staff (see our RPS help page), authors from other UCL departments should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. You are also advised to check your IRIS profile (IRIS help is also available).
- Impact - for advice on how to explore the impact of publications see the UCL Library Services' bibliometrics pages.
- Open Access (OA) - many funding bodies now require you as a grant-holder to deposit your publications in UKPubMed Central (UKPMC). For more information see our Open Access page.
The Queen Square Library can offer help & advice for the bibliographic management tool: Endnote.
You should refer to instructions from your target journal or organisation for definitive advice on which referencing style to use. IoN students should consult the IoN Education Unit. For practical advice on applying two classic styles, Harvard (an alphabetic style) and Vancouver (a numeric style) to your documents, refer to UCL Library Services' guide to references, citations and avoiding plagiarism.
Other useful links:
- Referencing online documents - ISO advice
- General advice on organising references - Cite Them Right
- Advice on writing for medical journals - view Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals from the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE)
- Identifying journal abbreviations - from Pubmed
- EQUATOR: an international initiative that seeks to improve reliability of medical research literature by promoting transparent and accurate reporting of research studies.
- Searching for an out-of-print book? Try abebooks, which links you to the stock of hundreds of independent booksellers offering used, second-hand, rare, and out-of-print books.
- RAE and REF links from past years: RAE 1992, 1996, 2001, 2008 & REF2014 (and UCL's REF page).
Page last modified on 05 feb 16 15:51
Comments & Suggestions | Disclaimer | Copyright
Queen Square Library, incorporating the Queen Square Archive and Museum.
UCL Institute of Neurology & The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
1st Floor, 23 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK | Tel: 020 3448 4709 x84144 | email@example.com
find us on facebook | follow us on twitter