Queen Square Library
- Using the Library
- Books, Journals & Multimedia
- Archive & Museum
- Publishing & Publications
Links & resources for Nursing & Allied Health
The Queen Square
Library offers a range of resources for nurses and allied health staff.
- Books & journals: the library maintains a small collection of nursing books and two specialist neuro-nursing journals (British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing & Journal of Neuroscience Nursing).
- Space & computer access: The library offers a quiet space to work away from the wards, and also provides access to eight UCLH computers.
- Online search tools: a wide range of online resources is available via the library website. Key resources include specialist databases for nurses and allied health staff (e.g. British Nursing Index, CINAHL, Medline, PsycInfo) which allow you to search for articles which have been published on a particular topic.
- Online journals: many articles are accessible online. Check the ejournals lists to see which ones are available. NHS staff have access to NHS-purchased ejournals (you can access these from anywhere, just register for an NHS Athens Account) and also to many UCL-purchased ejournals (you can access these from the university-networked PCs in the Queen Square Library).
We hope you will also find the following links useful. Please contact us if there are any links you would like us to add.
UCL/UCLH have a joint Centre for Nurse and Midwife-led Research (CNMR) and a UCLH Nurse and Midwife Research Strategy has been developed. Visit the CNMR website for more details.
- Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Neurology (ACPIN)
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (UK)
- CINAHLsources...provides information on selected World Wide Web sites of interest to nursing and allied health professionals, researchers, and students, among others. (USA)
- ESNA - EpilepSy Nurses Association is a professional organisation whose membership consists of nurses and other health professionals working to support people with epilepsy in the fields of adults, learning disabilities and paediatrics.
- Evidence Search Health & Social Care (formerly NHS Evidence)
- FoNS Centre for Nursing Innovation - working with nurses and healthcare teams to develop and share innovative ways of improving practice.
- Internet for nursing, midwifery and health visiting - A free "teach yourself" tutorial on Internet information skills for nurses, midwives and health visitors (UK).
- NMAP - The UK's gateway to high quality Internet resources in Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health
- NursingCenter - Lippincott's NursingCenter is designed to deliver electronic resources to nurses for education, research and practice.
- Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) - includes downloadable copies of publications, circulars and press statements, events and announcements.
- Nursing Record/British Journal of Nursing - Free - the first historical nursing journal online from the RCN, covering 1888 to 1956. The journal captures the world of nursing and hospitals and includes articles, photos, illustrations and advertisements.
- OTseeker: Occupational Therapy Systematic Evaluation of Evidence (Australia) - Free - a database from the Universities of Queensland and Western Sydney that indexes systematic reviews and controlled trials relevant to OT. Search by keywords, author, title and journal title; results are ranked from 1-8 for validity (8 being the highest); results can be printed or emailed.
- Pain-Talk: The national discussion forum and community for UK Healthcare Professionals with an interest in acute, chronic, or palliative Pain Management.
- Parkinson´s Disease Nurse Specialist Association (PDNSA). Support for the role of the PDNS¸ other Health Care Professionals and allied workers with a specific interest in Parkinson's Disease
- Physio-Net - a list of useful links from Hertfordshire University
- PEDro: Physiotherapy Evidence Database (Australia) - Free access to bibliographic details and abstracts of randomised controlled trials and systematic reviews in physiotherapy.
- Physiotherapy Pain Association
- United Kingdom Multiple Sclerosis Specialist Nurse Association (UKMSSNA) is the professional membership organisation for Clinical Nurse Specialists in multiple sclerosis and for other health and social care professionals with an interest in the care of people with MS in the United Kingdom.
- Royal College of Nursing (RCN) - learning students can search the British Nursing Index via the RCN website.
Page last modified on 07 apr 14 10:48
Comments & Suggestions | Disclaimer | Copyright
Queen Square Library, incorporating the Queen Square Archive and Museum.
UCL Institute of Neurology & The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
1st Floor, 23 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK | Tel: 020 3448 4709 x84144 | email@example.com
find us on facebook | follow us on twitter