Queen Square Library
- Using the Library
- Books, Journals & Multimedia
- Archives & Rare Books
- Patient Information
- Publishing & Publications
- Guides, Forms & Documents
Neurology, Neuroscience & Neurosurgery websites
Also visit our general list of useful websites
- Allen Brain Atlas (ABA) - A growing collection of online public resources integrating extensive gene expression and neuroanatomical data, complete with a suite of search and viewing tools.
- Biomed central: neuroscience, neurology and psychiatry gateway - links to selected Biomed Central open access journals together with links to other subject-related resources.
- Brainbooks (USA) An online bookstore specialising in Neurology, Neuroscience, & Psychology books.
- Cambridge Neuroscience (UK) Information about research activities, news and events at the Cambridge research centre.
- Child neurology online. "The main purpose of this site is to coordinate the available internet resources in Child Neurology, both for professionals and patients"
- Clinical Neurophysiology on the internet (USA)
- CNS Pathology Index. (USA) A web page with links to full colour images of the brain.
- Cranial nerves - from Yale University School of Medicine. Detailed information including anatomical diagrams on the twelve cranial nerves (olfactory, optic, oculomotor, trochlear, trigeminal, abducens, facial, vestibulocochlear, glossopharyngeal, vagus, accessory and hypoglossal).
- Dana Brainweb (USA) Information about common brain diseases and disorders and the internet's best general neuroscience resources.
- e-epilepsy newsletter - news and reviews on epilepsy
- Glaxo Neurological Centre is a unique non-medical advice and information centre for people with neurological illnesses and those who care for them.
- Internet Stroke Center (Washington, USA). Up-to-date resources and protocols
- Martindale's Health Science Guide '04 (USA) includes sections on: Anaesthesiology and Surgery virtual medical Centre contains section on Neurosurgery; Anatomy and Histology Centre: Brain stem section; Anatomy and Histology Centre: Nervous System Section; Otolaryngology, Otorhinolaryngology & Ophthalmology Centre.
- MIT OpenCourseWare: brain and cognitive sciences (USA) - free access to lecture notes from over 100 of undergraduate and graduate courses from MIT's Department of Brain & Cognitive Sciences.
- Multiple Sclerosis (US) - an introduction to multiple sclerosis for medical students and physicians in training.
- MuscleNet from The World Muscle Society - WMS MuscleNET provides information on neuromuscular disorders, cardiomyopathies and the recent advances of the scientific research on these subjects. Moreover MuscleNET contains a study companion in muscle biology and a set of useful links in this field.
- NHS Evidence
- National Society for Epilepsy "The Society runs in conjunction with the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery an inpatient epilepsy treatment centre and epilepsy outpatients clinic. It organises respite care and sheltered workshops. It provides information and an education service. It has a network of self help groups providing information and support to individuals and their families in their own locality."
- NeuraLinksPlus (USA) Created by Professor Mark Dubin of the University of Colorado. A web page of links to Neuroscience, Psychology and other general science pages.
- Neuromuscular Disease (TREAT-NMD network). An international initiative bringing together over 300 doctors, researchers and other professionals throughout 11 European countries. EU-funded. Aims to improve treatment, share good practice and improve global standards of care.
- Neuromuscular Disease Center (USA). Created by Washington University, MO, this is a very detailed list of resources devoted to neuromuscular diseases.
- Neuro-ophthalmology atlas (USA) Endorsed by the International Council of Ophthalmology, "The Atlas of Ophthalmology is a public online database, free of charge, edited by specialists in the field".
- Royal College of Physicians Stroke Programme The CEEU Stroke Programme at the Royal College of Physicians is guided by the Intercollegiate Working Party for Stroke, which is made up of representatives of all the organisations which support the different disciplines involved in the management of stroke, including patients. The programme aims to improve the care of stroke across the country. It includes the development, up-dating and co-ordination of guidelines, patient information, and clinical audit.
- UK Biobank - "The UK Biobank project will be the world's biggest study of the role of nature and nurture in health and disease. Up to half a million participants aged between 45 and 69 years will be involved in the study. They will be asked to contribute a blood sample, lifestyle details and their medical histories to create a national database of unprecedented size."
- WeMove Worldwide education and awareness for movement disorders.
- Whole Brain Atlas (USA)
- Neurosciences on the Internet
- Neuroscience page from BUBL (UK). A good selection of subject indexed links, with evaluative descriptions.
- Neuroscience Resources from Eric H. Chudler's Systems (USA)
- Neurosciences Virtual Library (USA)
- Neuropsychology Central Directory devoted exclusively to the subject of Human Neuropsychology, although several links are out of date.
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- American Academy of Neurology
- Association of British Neurologists (ABN) "the organisation that represents clinical and academic neurologists in the United Kingdom."
- British Neuropsychiatry Association (BNPA) "the principal academic and professional body for medical practitioners and professionals allied to medicine working at the interface of the clinical and cognitive neurosciences, and psychiatry".
- European Federation of Neurological Societies "The ABN is the organisation that represents clinical and academic neurologists in the United Kingdom."
- International Society of Neuropathology
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) (US) - an excellent source of factsheets on neurological disorders
- World Muscle Society (WMS) "an international, multidisciplinary, scientific society, dedicated to the advancement and dissemination of knowledge in the field of neuromuscular disorders, for the benefit of patients."
- Founders of Neurology (USA)
- A Brief History of the Basal Ganglia by Andrew Gillies, Centre for Cognitive Science, University of Edinburgh
- History of Neurosurgery at Massachusetts General Hospital & Harvard Medical School (USA)
- History of Neuroscience by Eric H. Chudler, Ph.D., Research Assistant Professor, Dept. of Anesthesiology, University of Washington
- History of Neurosurgery by John R. Mangiardi, M.D. and Howard Kane, Wm. (USA). Includes the Cyber Museum of Neurosurgery
- Harvey Cushing/John Hay Whitney Medical Library Yale University (USA)
- Images from the History of Medicine (USA) - a searchable collection of about 100,000 images from the prints and photograph collection of the National Library of Medicine.
- ECHO (Exploring and Collecting History Online) from the Center for History and New Media, George Mason University. Database concerned with the history of science, technology and industry.
- Whonamedit.com is a biographical dictionary of medical eponyms and is also useful for finding bibliographical dates
- Nobel Prize more than 7000 documents about the Nobel prizes. Including portraits and biographies of laureates. Includes Carlsson, Greengard & Kandel, Prize for Physiology or Medicine 2000 "for their discoveries concerning signal transduction in the nervous system".
- Wellcome Trust Gateways (UK) - MedHist - a free catalogue of evaluated, high quality Internet resources and websites relating to the history of medicine and allied sciences, covering all aspects of the history of health and development of medical knowledge.
- Dr Foster - an Internet directory allowing the public to identify specialist hospitals and consultants, including a facility to search by postcode.
- specialistinfo.com - an Internet directory listing approximately 26,000 medical consultants in the UK providing details of special interests, locations and contact details. (The site works best with Internet Explorer.)
- World Directory of Neurological Surgeons (sponsored by the Congress of Neurological Surgeons)
Comments & Suggestions | Disclaimer | Copyright | Webmail
Queen Square Library. Formerly the Rockefeller Medical Library. Incorporating the Queen Square Archive and Museum.
1st Floor, 23 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK | Tel: 020 3448 4709 x84144 | email@example.com
find us on facebook | follow us on twitter