Queen Square Library
- Using the Library
- Books, Journals & Multimedia
- Archive & Rare Books
- Publishing & Publications
Neurology, Neuroscience & Neurosurgery websites
- Allen Brain Atlas (ABA) - A growing collection of online public resources integrating extensive gene expression and neuroanatomical data, complete with a suite of search and viewing tools.
- Biomed central: neuroscience, neurology and psychiatry gateway - links to selected Biomed Central open access journals together with links to other subject-related resources.
- Brainbooks (USA) An online bookstore specialising in Neurology, Neuroscience, & Psychology books.
- Cambridge Neuroscience (UK) Information about research activities, news and events at the Cambridge research centre.
- Child neurology online The main purpose of this site is to coordinate the available internet resources in Child Neurology, both for professionals and patients"
- Clinical Neurophysiology on the internet (USA)
- CNS Pathology Index. (USA) A web page with links to full colour images of the brain.
- Dana Brainweb (USA) Information about common brain diseases and disorders and the internet's best general neuroscience resources.
- Glaxo Neurological Centre is a unique non-medical advice and information centre for people with neurological illnesses and those who care for them.
- Internet Stroke Center (Washington, USA). Up-to-date resources and protocols
- Martindale's Health Science Guide '04 (USA) includes sections on: Anaesthesiology and Surgery virtual medical Centre contains section on Neurosurgery; Anatomy and Histology Centre: Brain stem section; Anatomy and Histology Centre: Nervous System Section; Otolaryngology, Otorhinolaryngology & Ophthalmology Centre.
- MIT OpenCourseWare: brain and cognitive sciences (USA) - free access to lecture notes from over 100 of undergraduate and graduate courses from MIT's Department of Brain & Cognitive Sciences.
- Multiple Sclerosis (US) - an introduction to multiple sclerosis for medical students and physicians in training.
- MuscleNet from The World Muscle Society - WMS MuscleNET provides information on neuromuscular disorders, cardiomyopathies and the recent advances of the scientific research on these subjects. Moreover MuscleNET contains a study companion in muscle biology and a set of useful links in this field.
- National Society for Epilepsy "The Society runs in conjunction with the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery an inpatient epilepsy treatment centre and epilepsy outpatients clinic. It organises respite care and sheltered workshops. It provides information and an education service. It has a network of self help groups providing information and support to individuals and their families in their own locality."
- NeuraLinksPlus (USA) Created by Professor Mark Dubin of the University of Colorado. A web page of links to Neuroscience, Psychology and other general science pages.
- Neuromuscular Disease (TREAT-NMD network). An international initiative bringing together over 300 doctors, researchers and other professionals throughout 11 European countries. EU-funded. Aims to improve treatment, share good practice and improve global standards of care.
- Neuromuscular Disease Center (USA). Created by Washington University, MO, this is a very detailed list of resources devoted to neuromuscular diseases.
- Neuro-ophthalmology atlas (USA) Endorsed by the International Council of Ophthalmology, "The Atlas of Ophthalmology is a public online database, free of charge, edited by specialists in the field".
- Royal College of Physicians Stroke Programme The CEEU Stroke Programme at the Royal College of Physicians is guided by the Intercollegiate Working Party for Stroke, which is made up of representatives of all the organisations which support the different disciplines involved in the management of stroke, including patients. The programme aims to improve the care of stroke across the country. It includes the development, up-dating and co-ordination of guidelines, patient information, and clinical audit.
- Whole Brain Atlas (USA)
- Neurosciences on the Internet
- Neuroscience Resources from Eric H. Chudler's Systems (USA)
- Neurosciences Virtual Library (USA)
- Neuropsychology Central Directory devoted exclusively to the subject of Human Neuropsychology, although several links are out of date.
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- American Academy of Neurology
- Association of British Neurologists (ABN) "the organisation that represents clinical and academic neurologists in the United Kingdom."
- British Neuropsychiatry Association (BNPA) "the principal academic and professional body for medical practitioners and professionals allied to medicine working at the interface of the clinical and cognitive neurosciences, and psychiatry".
- European Federation of Neurological Societies "The ABN is the organisation that represents clinical and academic neurologists in the United Kingdom."
- International Society of Neuropathology
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) (US) - an excellent source of factsheets on neurological disorders
- World Muscle Society (WMS) "an international, multidisciplinary, scientific society, dedicated to the advancement and dissemination of knowledge in the field of neuromuscular disorders, for the benefit of patients."
- Founders of Neurology (USA)
- History of Neurosurgery at Massachusetts General Hospital & Harvard Medical School (USA)
- History of Neuroscience by Eric H. Chudler, Ph.D., Research Assistant Professor, Dept. of Anesthesiology, University of Washington
- History of Neurosurgery by John R. Mangiardi, M.D. and Howard Kane, Wm. (USA). Includes the Cyber Museum of Neurosurgery
- Harvey Cushing/John Hay Whitney Medical Library Yale University (USA)
- Images from the History of Medicine (USA) - a searchable collection of about 100,000 images from the prints and photograph collection of the National Library of Medicine.
- ECHO (Exploring and Collecting History Online) from the Center for History and New Media, George Mason University. Database concerned with the history of science, technology and industry.
- Whonamedit.com is a biographical dictionary of medical eponyms and is also useful for finding bibliographical dates
- Nobel Prize more than 7000 documents about the Nobel prizes. Including portraits and biographies of laureates. Includes Carlsson, Greengard & Kandel, Prize for Physiology or Medicine 2000 "for their discoveries concerning signal transduction in the nervous system".
- Wellcome Trust Gateways (UK) - MedHist - a free catalogue of evaluated, high quality Internet resources and websites relating to the history of medicine and allied sciences, covering all aspects of the history of health and development of medical knowledge.
Including online directories of neurologists, neurosurgeons & neuroscientists:
- UK - specialistinfo.com a directory of UK consultants (requires free registration)
- US - American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS) including the Find a Neurosurgeon service
- US - American Academy of Neurology (AAN) including the Find a Neurologist service
- Worldwide - World Directory of Neurological Surgeons
- anatomy tv - interactive 3D human anatomy. Rotate, peel away layers and export images. UCL users: no login is required if you access the service via the Primal Pictures link while connected to the UCL network (or access via Desktop@UCL Anywhere when working offsite). NHS users: go to www.anatomy.tv, choose 'Athens User login' and enter your NHS OpenAthens account details).
- Biomed Central Biology Image Library - browse & search thumbnails; register for free to view movies, full size images and create slidesets.
- Cranial nerves - from Yale University School of Medicine. Detailed information including anatomical diagrams on the twelve cranial nerves (olfactory, optic, oculomotor, trochlear, trigeminal, abducens, facial, vestibulocochlear, glossopharyngeal, vagus, accessory and hypoglossal).
- flickr - photo/image-sharing site with many images freely available for re-use through Creative Commons arrangements.
- HONmedia - a repository of medical images and videos covering 1,700 topics and themes.
- NHS Photo Library - a resource for the NHS providing photography for use in communication materials.
- University of Iowa Digital Library - includes Charles Bell's classic images of trepanning.
- US NLM Images from the History of Medicine. searchable collection of over 65,000 images.
- Visible Body (Argosy) - "the most comprehensive human anatomy visualization tool available" 3D models of over 1,700 anatomical structures, including all major organs and systems of the human body. Compatible with Internet Explorer.
- Wellcome Collection YouTube Channel (UK) - videos relating to medical history from the Wellcome Collection.
Page last modified on 13 aug 14 09:58
Comments & Suggestions | Disclaimer | Copyright
Queen Square Library, incorporating the Queen Square Archive and Museum.
UCL Institute of Neurology & The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
1st Floor, 23 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK | Tel: 020 3448 4709 x84144 | email@example.com
find us on facebook | follow us on twitter