Queen Square Library
- Using the Library
- Books, Journals & Multimedia
- Archives & Rare Books
- Patient Information
- Publishing & Publications
- Guides, Forms & Documents
Using the Library
The Queen Square Library is the recognised Library for Neurology in the University of London and is a shared resource between the UCL Institute of Neurology and the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery. Who can use the Library? Download our Library Guide [pdf].
The Library contains an important collection of specialist neurology, neurosurgery and neuroscience books and journals, together with some general medical and biomedical literature.
Our collection development policy is available here. The Queen Square Historical collection is open to researchers, students and members of the public during normal opening times.
Our current opening hours are below. Occasionally we have to make changes to our opening hours at short notice, please check here (or follow us on twitter) for updates. IMPORTANT NOTE: access to the building is restricted after 6pm; please arrive before 6pm to guarantee entry.
- Monday -- 9am - 7pm
- Tuesday -- 9am - 7pm
- Wednesday -- 9am - 7pm
- Thursday -- 9am - 7pm
- Friday -- 9am - 7pm
Changes to our normal opening hours:
- Monday 27th May -- CLOSED
- Friday 19th July -- Open 9am - 1pm only
- Monday 26th August -- CLOSED
- User who can register to borrow - please check our list of who can register with the library before your visit. Holders of ION, NHNN, UCL and UCLH identity cards may register to borrow and those based in Queen Square will be registered as 'home users' of the Library. Users from NHS Trusts with which UCL has a Service Level Agreement may also register to borrow. To register, please bring your ID to the library. We will give you a brief introductory tour of the Library. Your identity card must be available for inspection at all times and must always be presented in order to borrow items.
- Visitors and other users - Visitors must provide proof of
identity and show a need to use our specialised
collections. Visitors are admitted for reference only and must sign the visitors book on arrival. Please note that visitors are expected to be largely self-sufficient in
their use of the library; we are happy to offer a brief orientation and
introduction to the library, but we cannot offer training or undertake
any research on your behalf. Please note: UCL alumni may use the library for reference only; we offer some additional services to members of the Queen Square Alumnus Association (further details are available on our Alumnus page).
The library is located on the 1st floor and is accessible via a lift. Library staff are happy to help you with access to materials as far as possible, please contact us for more information.
Queen Square Library
UCL Institute of Neurology & the National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery
London WC1N 3BG
(Internal post : box no.74)
Call us on : 84144 (internal) or 020 3448 4709 (external)
Email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Head of the Queen Square Library, Archive and Museum||
|Deputy Librarian||Kate Brunskill|
|Information Assistant||Jackie Cheshire|
Recycling in the Library
The Library tries to recycle as much as possible. The Library is covered by the Queen Square Division Waste Recycling Project which is managed by UCLH. There are several waste bins in the library with notices detailing what can/cannot be disposed of. Please place paper, cardboard, newspapers, cans, bottles and packaging in the bins with clear plastic liners. Please do not place food waste or food-contaminated waste in these bins – such items must be placed in the bins with black liners. See library notices for more details.
Comments & Suggestions | Disclaimer | Copyright | Webmail
Queen Square Library. Formerly the Rockefeller Medical Library. Incorporating the Queen Square Archive and Museum.
1st Floor, 23 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK | Tel: 020 3448 4709 x84144 | email@example.com
find us on facebook | follow us on twitter