Queen Square Library
- Using the Library
- Books, Journals & Multimedia
- Archive & Museum
- Publishing & Publications
Using the Library
The Queen Square Library is the recognised Library for Neurology in the University of London and is a shared resource between the UCL Institute of Neurology and the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery. Who can use the Library? Download our Library Guide [pdf].
The Library contains an important collection of specialist neurology, neurosurgery and neuroscience books and journals, together with some general medical and biomedical literature.
Our normal opening hours are as follows. Please note that access to the building is restricted after 6pm; please arrive before 6pm for guaranteed entry.
- Mon - 09.00-19.00
- Tue - 09.00-19.00
- Wed - 09.00-19.00
- Thu - 09.00-19.00
- Fri - 09.00-19.00
- Sat - closed
- Sun - closed
Occasionally we have to make changes to our opening hours, sometimes at short notice, please check this page for details, or follow us on twitter for updates.
Easter opening hours
- Thursday 17th April - open 9am-5pm
- Friday 18th April-Monday 21st April - closed
We will re-open as normal on Tuesday 22nd April (9am-7pm).
May Bank Holiday opening hours
We will be closed on Monday 5th May and Monday 26th May.
- User who can register to borrow - please check our list of who can register with the library before your visit. Holders of ION, NHNN, UCL and UCLH identity cards may register to borrow and those based in Queen Square will be registered as 'home users' of the Library. Users from NHS Trusts with which UCL has a Service Level Agreement may also register to borrow. To register, please bring your ID to the library. We will give you a brief introductory tour of the Library. Your identity card must be available for inspection at all times and must always be presented in order to borrow items.
- Visitors and other users - Visitors must provide proof of
identity and show a need to use our specialised
collections. Visitors are admitted for reference only and must sign the visitors book on arrival. Please note that visitors are expected to be largely self-sufficient in
their use of the library; we are happy to offer a brief orientation and
introduction to the library, but we cannot offer training or undertake
any research on your behalf. Please note we offer some additional services to UCL alumni and to members of the Queen Square Alumnus Association (further details are available on our Alumnus page).
The library is located on the 1st floor and is accessible via a lift. Library staff are happy to help you with access to materials as far as possible, please contact us for more information.
Queen Square Library
UCL Institute of Neurology & the National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery
London WC1N 3BG
(Internal post : box no.74)
Call us on : 84144 (internal) or 020 3448 4709 (external)
Email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Head of the Queen Square Library, Archive and Museum||
|Deputy Librarian||Kate Brunskill|
|Information Assistant||Jackie Cheshire|
View a map of the area. As the library is in central London, parking can be difficult and expensive. It is recommended that you use public transport to visit us if possible.
- The nearest tube station is Russell Square.
- Buses 68, 168 and 188 serve the ION.
- The nearest mainline train stations are Euston, King's Cross and St. Pancras.
The Queen Square Library is part of UCL's Green Impact scheme and we try to avoid creating waste, to recycle as much as possible and to act in a sustainable manner.
We encourage our library users to help - just a couple of ideas would be to switch off desk lights when you leave and to use our water fountain to refill your water bottles. Please let us know if you have any Green Impact ideas for us and see the library noticeboards for more details of the scheme.
Our recycling services are provided by the Queen Square Division Waste Recycling Project (managed by UCLH). We have centralised our waste bins so that we can recycle more effectively, you will find two types of bin at the entrance to the library:
- a bin with a clear bin liner: for recyclables including paper, cardboard, newspapers, cans and packaging.
- a bin with a black bin liner: for non-recyclables including food waste or food-contaminated waste. Please remember that you must not eat in the library and only covered drinks are allowed.
We also recycle batteries and stamps, please hand them in at the library desk (stamps are donated to the RNIB). On-street recycling units for other recyclables are provided in the local area by Camden, visit the website for a map and more details.
Page last modified on 11 apr 14 10:44
Comments & Suggestions | Disclaimer | Copyright
Queen Square Library, incorporating the Queen Square Archive and Museum.
UCL Institute of Neurology & The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
1st Floor, 23 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK | Tel: 020 3448 4709 x84144 | email@example.com
find us on facebook | follow us on twitter